Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Email: Email Me
Ms. Westmont is an associate attorney with Polidori, Franklin, Monahan & Beattie LLC. She has concentrated her practice in the area of domestic relations throughout her career, and is dedicated to assisting clients whose families are experiencing transition and conflict.
Ms. Westmont grew up in northern New York. She graduated from Colorado College with a B.A. in History in 2007. Ms. Westmont earned her J.D. from Vermont Law School in 2011.
Ms. Westmont handles domestic relations cases ranging from complex financial disputes to difficult child custody matters. Ms. Westmont is deeply aware that each family is different, and each case requires a personalized approach. Ms. Westmont is a strong advocate for her clients while always striving for an amicable resolution when possible. Ms. Westmont is also an experienced and skilled trial lawyer with experience successfully trying domestic relations cases throughout her career.
Ms. Westmont holds an AVVO “Superb” rating and was awarded the AVVO “Client’s Choice Award” in 2017. Ms. Westmont was also given the distinction of Rising Star in the 2018 publication of Super Lawyers Magazine.
Ms. Westmont proudly serves on the Colorado Women’s Bar Association Board of Directors and has lectured on many family law topics. In 2016 Ms. Westmont co-wrote an article for the May 2016 Colorado Lawyer: “Who’s Their Daddy: Navigating Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Paternity Actions”.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Westmont was a nationally competitive figure skater. Ms. Westmont strives to use the same persistence and dedication she used in her athletic career when advocating for her clients in their domestic relations cases. In her free time, Ms. Westmont enjoys skiing, hiking and traveling with her family.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Domestic Relations
- Colorado, 2011
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
Juris Doctor Degree May 2011
Legal Research Teaching Assistant
- The Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Bachelor of Arts, May 2007
- Co-Author, Who’s Their Daddy: Navigating Allocation of Parental Responsibilities and Paternity Actions, The Colorado Lawyer, May 2016
- Lecturer, In Case of Emergency…File a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time Under C.R.S. 14-10-129(4), August 2018, Family Law Institute
- Faculty, Family Law Evidence Practicum, May 2018
- Lecturer, Alternative Enforcement: Enforcing Orders Without Filing Contempt, June 2018, Colorado Domestic Relations Judicial Institute
- Lecturer, Navigating Post-Decree Issues in Family Law, June 2017
Denver Bar Association, Metro-Volunteers Lawyers
- Lecturer, Alternative Enforcement: Enforcing Orders Without Filing Contempt, August 2017, Family Law Institute
- Lecturer, The Nuts and Bolts of Representing a Party in a Paternity Action, October 2016, Fall Family Law Update
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Client’s Choice Award AVVO, 2017
- Negotiation Champion, Securities Dispute Resolution Triathlon, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 2016- Present
- Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2011-Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2011-Present
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 2011- Present
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Member 2011-Present
- First Judicial Bar Association, Member 2014-Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, 2016- Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Denver Legal Night
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers, Jefferson County Post- Decree Clinic
- Law School Si Se Puede, Mentor
Past Employment Positions
- Associate Attorney, January 2012-May 2014
Jones Law Firm, P.C.
- Law Clerk, October 2012-January 2012
Magistrate Hübler, Denver District Court
- Intern, January 2010- August 2010
Colorado Legal Services